The Night Before the Interview
- Make sure you know where you are going and how to get there – if you are catching public transport make sure there are no changes to the route or usual timetable. Plan your trip so you won’t be late (derh), but don’t be too keen either – arrive about 5 minutes before your scheduled time. If you are early kill some time nearby and get yourself in the mental zone for the interview.
- Re-read your application – if you get asked questions from what you have put on it you kind of need to know what the interview is talking about.
- Check, check, check them out … check the website for the company, and do a web search for recent newspaper articles about them. Doing this will mean you are up-to-date on what has been happening – what’s more it looks like you are interested in the company you are going to work for!
- Plan your outfit – it sounds obvious and it is. The last thing you want is to be late because you’re having a fashion crisis or can’t find that lucky pair of socks. First impressions do count so if you are wearing something that needs to be ironed, do it tonight!
- Get a good nights sleep – it won’t look good yawning during the interview.
Do these 4 things and you will be on your way to a good interview start.